Who We Are:
Our mission is to create a culture of responsibility and awareness on the road. We are devoted to making the journey to and from school safer. We develop partnerships, deploy Safety Tech and manage the entire program. We have equipped thousands of buses across North America with our innovative technology and we continue to educate tens of thousands of drivers a month on safety. BusPatrol cares about student safety. We educate motorists every day by helping to enforce the law and work with school officials to improve safety.
Under the supervision of the VP of Software Development, the Sr. SDET is responsible to be the subject matter expert for all software development testing. This is an outstanding opportunity where you will be responsible for integrating complex project testing plans, within Agile (Scrum) framework, to help validate and verify the quality of world class software solutions. You have a great passion for modern technology, and you are driven by your energy to identify and resolve complex problems. If you have strong problem solving abilities in a fast paced environment, and an aptitude for learning new technologies, this position offers numerous growth opportunities and a long-lasting career with BusPatrol.
What we need you to do:
- Design, develop, and document application test strategies, test plans, and test cases based on software requirements and technical specifications for all of BusPatrol’s product offerings.
- Create, implement, and maintain test coverage for BusPatrol’s Web applications.
- Work with Project Managers and other engineers to define the project's testing methodology and manage the test execution for small to large sized projects.
- Work collaboratively with test teams composed of staff drawn from various IT and business units.
- Point of contact and subject matter expert for the testing team.
- Automate and monitor the testing execution for each sprint (Agile).
- Prioritize testing tasks, scenarios, and test cases and track and report on testing activities.
- Conduct exploratory testing on BusPatrol's applications during development (TDD).
- Regularly conduct research and offer management insight into industry best-practices and processes.
- Work in a collaborative, quality focused role in agile development teams.
What you bring:
- 5+ years of experience with application quality assurance in a complex web-based and mobile software development environment.
- Post-secondary education in Computer Science, Engineering, the Sciences or Mathematics.
- Experience with Quality Assurance in an Agile environment.
- Experience in functional, integration, system, security, performance, regression, and user acceptance testing using automated testing techniques.
- Experience with CodeceptJS testing framework.
- Hands-on working experience with Windows and Mac OS.
- Sound understanding of the OSI model and computer networking principles (TCP/IP).
- Able to understand the nature and workflow of complex business and technical processes.
- Strong analytical skills with ability to formulate solutions for complex problems.
- Experience with test automation in CI/CD workflows (Jenkins, AWS CodeBuild)
- Hands-on working experience with commercial databases (MySQL, PGSQL, AWS Aurora).
- Previous experience with a containerized environment (Docker, AWS ECS, Kubernetes) is desired.
What we offer:
- An opportunity to help build a company dedicated to children’s safety.
- The chance to join an innovative and dedicated team, focused on leading edge technology.
- Competitive salary and benefits package.
We’re looking for critical members of the BusPatrol team to assist us in our quest to improve children’s safety. This is an important role for us and a great opportunity for the right candidates. Our environment is inclusive, diverse, ignited, built on integrity and deeply committed. Come and help us keep our children safe.