Who We Are:
Our mission is to create a culture of responsibility and awareness on the road. We are devoted to making the journey to and from school safer. We develop partnerships, deploy Safety Tech and manage the entire program. We have equipped thousands of buses across North America with our innovative technology, and we continue to educate tens of thousands of drivers a month on safety. BusPatrol America cares about student safety. We educate motorists every day by helping to enforce the law and work with school officials to improve safety.
Reporting to the VP, Software, Engineering & Development, the Senior AI Engineer will be a key member of our Product Development Team in pushing the limits of a wide breadth of the tools and approaches to AI/Machine Learning for our advanced products and system using video information and IoT systems.
The successful candidate possesses experience researching and developing new projects with a team, while applying knowledge communication ability to discussion on problem requirements and the planning of new ideas with the team and stakeholders.
The ideal candidate will be excited about developing prototypes to showcase new solutions to challenging problems, along with helping to realize them into fully fledged pipelines. Your insights will drive better processes and products that save lives!
What you will be doing…
- Bringing your professional and high-level experience in working with video technologies in areas of preprocessing, neural nets, computer vision, etc.
- Experience independently researching solutions to problems is a must
- Driving continuous adoption and integration of relevant AI technologies into design
- Designing, building, and maintaining efficient, reusable, and tested code in Python and other applicable languages and library tools.
- Be a productive member of an inclusive team where pairing and peer reviewed code are valued
- Follow best practices (continuous integration, SCRUM, refactoring, and code standards)
- Contribute through all phases of the development lifecycle
- Develop subject matter strength in:
- AI that works on edge devices
- Deploying Machine Learning (ML) to large production environments
- Database knowledge for reporting/sanity checking and maintenance
- Driving for continuous learning in the AI and computer vision fields
What you bring…
- Minimum of 3+ years of experience with Machine Learning/AI or Computer Vision development/ engineering
- Ideally a Master Degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Strong Python experience
- Practical experience deploying Computer Vision/Machine Learning solutions at scale into production
- Intimate understanding of various Deep Learning frameworks and Computer Vision/Video Processing techniques
- Knowledge of version control, such as GitTesting techniques to validate results
- Exposure and/or understanding of technologies/tools such as: Keras, Pandas,TensorFlow, PyTorch, Caffe, NumPy, Keras, Pandas, TensorFlow, PyTorch, Caffe, NumPy,DVC/CML
What we offer:
- An opportunity to help build a company dedicated to children’s safety
- The chance to join an innovative and dedicated team, focused on leading edge technology
- Competitive salary and benefits package
We’re looking for critical members of the BusPatrol team to assist us in our quest to improve children’s safety. This is an important role for us and a great opportunity for the right candidates. Our environment is inclusive, diverse, ignited, built on integrity and deeply committed. Come and help us keep our children safe.