Technical Project Manager
Location: Remote (must be based out of US / Canada)
Manages Others: No
Education: Bachelor of Engineering, Computer Science, or related field
Experience: 5+ years Project Management Experience
Reporting to Technical Project Management Lead, the successful candidate will be instrumental in planning, overseeing and leading projects from ideation through to completion. This is a critical role at the organization and requires interaction with a range of internal and external stakeholders, most often managing several moving project parts simultaneously.
What we need you to do:
- Establish and implement training processes and strategies for all technical personnel
- Manage stakeholder expectations across multiple, simultaneous projects
- Curate Roadmap of internal and external projects
- Work with internal and external stakeholders to determine project priorities.
- Spearhead best Agile/ Scrum practices for Development Team and PMO Department.
- Run Scrum ceremonies such as stand-up, planning, and retro
- Coordinate integration and acceptance testing with product and business operations team
- Create work breakdown structure and drive story planning with Development Teams
- Help manage and coordinate releases across internal projects, external projects, bug fixes, and ad hoc feature requests.
- Analyze, plan and develop requirements and standards in reference to scheduled projects
- Assign and oversee the daily tasks of technical personnel while ensuring all individual contributors are actively working toward established milestones
- Hold regular technical team meetings to determine progress and address any questions or challenges regarding projects
- Coordinate releases between teams and projects
- Determine and define clear deliverables, roles and responsibilities for staff members required for specific projects or initiatives
What you bring:
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, engineering, math or related field, or equivalent experience.
- 5+ years in project management or related relevant experience
- Demonstrated understanding of Project Management processes, best-practices, strategies and methods
- Excellent time management and organizational skills and experience establishing guidelines in these areas for others
- Strong sense of personal accountability regarding decision-making and supervising department teams
- Experience working in a high-level and fast-paced collaborative environment and promoting a teamwork mentality
- Demonstrated experience applying analytical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Ability to predict challenges and seek to proactively head-off obstacles
- A can-do mindset
- Experience with Jira, Confluence, and Product Plan (preferred)
- Professional Project Management Certification from accredited intuition (preferred)
Who We Are:
Our mission is to create a culture of responsibility and awareness on the road. We are devoted to making the journey to and from school safer. We develop partnerships, deploy Safety Tech and manage the entire program. We have equipped thousands of buses across North America with our innovative technology and we continue to educate tens of thousands of drivers a month on safety. BusPatrol America cares about student safety. We educate motorists every day by helping to enforce the law and work with school officials to improve safety.
What we offer:
- An opportunity to help build a company dedicated to children’s safety
- The chance to join an innovative and dedicated team, focused on leading edge technology
- Competitive salary and benefits package
We’re looking for critical members of the BusPatrol team to assist us in our quest to improve children’s safety. This is an important role for us and a great opportunity for the right candidates. Our environment is inclusive, diverse, ignited, built on integrity, and deeply committed. Come and help us keep our children safe.