Role: Accounts Receivable Reconciliation Analyst
Location: Hauppauge, Suffolk County NY
In Office Role: No remote opportunities
Job Type: Full Time Position (Monday to Friday-8-5pm)
Travel: Approximately 20% local travel from office to post office/bank to pick up checks or make deposits; must be able to drive from office in Hauppauge to Smithtown (post office) and Bohemia (bank) approximately once a week.
Requirements: 1 year of Accounts Receivable experience including general ledger/journal entry, issuing refunds, bank reconciliation, data analysis. Intermediate Excel skills with the ability to work with pivot tables, xlookup, advanced equations, appending and abridging tables etc. Must have reliable transportation to travel to and from post office and bank. Experience with Accounting software is preferred.
In this role, you will be responsible for assisting with Accounts Receivable related tasks including receiving and posting incoming payments (check, money order, credit card) to the proper accounts/citations and participating in month-end reconciliation of county partner's revenue. The ideal candidate will be proficient in accounts receivable functions including balancing/zeroing out a high volume of transactions/data with a strong attention to detail during highly repetitive tasks. Successful candidates should be highly proficient with Excel. This position does not involve collections activities.
What We Need You To Do
- Performs data entry actions to record personal check and money order payments into NetSuite and AlertBus systems including payment amount, citation number, and check number. Must ensure payments are applied to the correct citation
- Export credit card payment report from Stripe and reconcile with NetSuite reporting
- Reconciles all payments from checks, money orders, and credit cards
- Prepares wire transfer to County and ensures 100% accuracy
- Performs daily and weekly reconciliation to prepare for and ensure expedient end of month close (daily export of Stripe report, cash reports and reconciliation of NetSuite and AlertBus systems) ensure 100% accuracy and zeros out work
- Supports month end reconciliation review, enters journal entries, creates invoice and enters into NetSuite (typically includes 1-2 journal entries per partner)
- Works with Excel to handle all reconciliations including downloading system reports to Excel
- Prepares daily deposit slips
- Collects checks from the post office, deposits processes payments at the bank (rotates this responsibility with other members of the department, travel is reimbursed)
- Handling of chargebacks and reversals, issues refund as needed, including check and credit card refunds
- Assisting call center with finance related questions
- Assists Municipality’s Finance Department with questions
What You Bring
- 1 year minimum of Accounts Receivable experience including general ledger/journal entry, bank reconciliation, issuing refunds, charge backs and reversals, preparing deposits and transfers
- Demonstrated ability to ensure accuracy in accounting functions
- Intermediate Excel skills with the ability to work with pivot tables, xlookups, advanced equations, appending and abridging tables etc.
- Must have a reliable mode of transportation for rotation of bank/PO box deposits
- Must demonstrate user level proficiency with Office 365 (specifically: Excel/SharePoint/OneDrive)
- High school diploma or GED required; 2 year degree in Accounting/bookkeeping is preferred however not required
- Oracle NetSuite knowledge/experience is beneficial
- Attention to detail and accuracy is required
- Strong organizational skills are required
- Strong organizational analytical skills are required
- Strong time management skills are required
- Solid work ethic and dependability
- Effective communication skills
- Good attitude/Team player
What We Offer
- An opportunity to help build a company dedicated to children’s safety
- The chance to join an innovative and dedicated team, focused on leading edge technology
- Competitive salary and benefits package
Who We Are
BusPatrol is a safety technology company and a leader in smart transportation, bringing cutting-edge AI, machine learning and IoT safety tech solutions to school buses across North America. Through relentless innovation and discovery, we are strengthening trust, safety, and transparency across the student transportation space. Our mission is to create a culture of responsibility and awareness on the road. We care about child safety and are devoted to making the journey to and from school safer. We develop partnerships, deploy Safety Tech, and manage the entire program. We have equipped thousands of buses across North America with our innovative technology and we continue to educate motorists every day by helping communities enforce school bus traffic stop the law. Join our safety movement. We are looking for dedicated people interested in helping us modernize school buses across America. Together, we can create a safer future for our children.
Note to applicants: We are looking for a valued member of the BusPatrol team to assist us in our quest to improve children’s safety. This is an important role for us and a great opportunity for the right candidate. Our environment is inclusive, diverse, ignited, built on integrity, and deeply committed. Join our safety mission to help keep children safe!