Role: Accounts Receivable Manager
Location: Onsite Position- Hauppauge, Suffolk County, NY
Travel: 10% (Initial training and quarterly meetings to be held in Montreal area)
Manages Others: Yes (5-10 team members)
Education: Bachelor’s Degree, Major: Finance, Accounting, Business Management required
The ideal candidate must have strong understanding and working knowledge of accounting principles; with a minimum of 3-5 years of accounts receivable experience. They must also have 3-5 years of demonstrated experience leading teams and performance coaching them in a non-standard accounting environment.
The Opportunity: Reporting to the Financial Controller, the Accounts Receivable Manager will be a leader and a key player in building, managing, and coaching a dedicated AR team across North America. They will ensure quality revenue reconciliation and organize the workload to meet deadlines and ultimately provide structured and relevant financial information to our Partners and managing team.
What we need you to do:
- Provide daily direction and communication to the Accounts Receivable Team
- Provide statistical and performance feedback and coaching on a regular basis to each team member
- Ensure team members have appropriate training and other resources to perform their jobs
- Ensure completeness and accuracy of accounting data related to the accounts receivable cycle
- Review month-end revenue reconciliation and journal entries
- Ensure the meeting of contractual and financial reporting deadlines
- Ensure impeccable quality of the work delivered to the Financial Controller by understanding our contractual agreements and deliverables
- Require collaboration and ability to manage complex tasks
- Provide insights and articulate key actions we need to take to be successful
What you bring:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance or Management
- 3-5 years’ experience in an accounting manager role with experience leading, mentoring, and performance coaching individuals and teams
- Proficiency with the Microsoft Office Suite, in particular MS Excel, Teams and SharePoint
- Hands on experience with Oracle NetSuite is an asset
- Demonstrated skills to work with technology, in a paperless environment
- Ability to manage remote teams and to work with remote managers
- Knowledge and understanding of accounting principles
- Well-developed analytical, problem-solving, detail oriented and priority management skills
- Consistently challenges his/her thinking to go beyond the constraints for continuous improvement of processes, tools and procedures that will add value to our business.
- Encourage discussion and provide needed coaching/feedback to build a climate in which team can succeed in bringing value and be proud of their work.
- Proactively surfaces and works through team barriers to initiate change (e.g., deals with change resistors, ensures buy-in and resources) and mobilize the team for accepting and adapting to change
- Resourcefulness - Ability to work autonomously and consistently producing accurate and timely work
- Adaptability - must be able to manage different contracts at once and transfer ongoing information and updates to team and managers in a fast-paced environment
- Communication: Excellent communication skills, ability at effective listening and convey information to others in a clear and concise way
- Dependability: Ability to work well under pressure, to carry-out instructions and meet deadlines
- Organization: Strong organizational skills with a proven ability to multi-task while being efficient
What We Offer
- An opportunity to help build a company dedicated to children’s safety
- The chance to join an innovative and dedicated team, focused on leading edge technology
- The opportunity to create continuous improvement strategies to build structure, process and provide guidance to a growing accounting team
- Competitive salary and benefits package
BusPatrol is safety technology company and a leader in smart transportation, bringing cutting-edge AI, machine learning and IoT safety tech solutions to school buses across North America. Through relentless innovation and discovery, we are strengthening trust, safety, and transparency across the student transportation space.
We care about child safety. BusPatrol educates motorists every day by helping to communities enforce school bus traffic stop the law. Our safety tech platform and technology suite empower school officials to improve safety on and around the school bus.
Join our safety movement. We are looking for dedicated people interested in helping us modernize school buses across America. Together, we can create a safer future for our children.
Note to applicants: We are looking for a valued member of the BusPatrol team to assist us in our quest to improve children’s safety. This is an important role for us and a great opportunity for the right candidate. Our environment is inclusive, diverse, ignited, built on integrity, and deeply committed. Join our safety mission to help keep children safe!