Location: Mississauga, ON
Travel: 50-75% based on need; travel is typically 2 weeks on the road and 1 week working from home/locally
Travel Benefits: Flight, hotel and rental car provided by company, ultra-competitive per diems also provided; when working from home must have own vehicle to travel throughout local region (will receive mileage)
Additional benefits: 3- and 6-month retention bonuses, generous PTO earnings potential based on travel, valuable tool kit and free uniforms after 1 year, opportunity for rapid promotion; 90% paid medical, generous referral bonuses of up to $5,000.00, and a $5,000 sign-on bonus!
Education: Trade, vocational or technical school degree is preferred. ASE or similar certifications a plus; military training experience is also a plus
Experience/Requirements: 1-3 years’ experience installing/repairing/testing electro-mechanical equipment with a strong aptitude for mechanical troubleshooting; Ability to travel and work when school buses are not in operation; OT and occasional weekends may be required. Must be able to stand/bend for up to 8 hours and lift-up to 75lbs to shoulder height.
BusPatrol is recruiting for a skilled Field Service Technician to join our rapidly growing organization. The potential for expansion abounds, and new applications for this technology are significant. Employment with BusPatrol offers a ground-floor opportunity in a new and high-growth sector utilizing an innovative safety technology firm which has identified and embraced a vital niche in the student transportation industry, employing state of the art AI and Machine Learning technology to ensure our children’s safety during their commute to and from school.
We will train the right candidate who is already proficient and able to demonstrate proficiency in the troubleshooting of electro-mechanical devices.
The position requires extensive travel; approximately 50-75% overall. Generally, field trips are 2 weeks out and 1 week home.
- Perform installations of our Triton Safety System and partner products
- Working with schematics, install and service manuals, CAD drawings to troubleshoot, diagnose, and repair units while in the field
- Operate a variety of standard hand and power tools, analog/digital test equipment, and CCTV testing devices
- Running wires, managing cables, connecting components, mounting devices, and effectively solving problems while maintaining a high-quality standard
- Using diagnostic equipment including multimeters & software to isolate wiring issues, network connectivity issues, equipment failures, and operational anomalies
- Using signal flow to trace and resolve network cable issues
- Effectively terminate and test basic connections such as butt splices, insulated connectors, terminal strips/blocks, others
- Install and terminate sub-devices (i.e., patch panels, junction boxes) and head-end equipment to include power and proper grounding
- Provide diagnostic support and instruction to other techs
- Champion quality and safety standards with all team members and partners
- Deliver on your assigned install and repair quantities
- Record and communicate daily deliverables to team leads in a timely manner
- Live BusPatrol Values by being a reliable, courteous, and consistent team player
- Follow all safety guidelines
- Maintain a professional appearance
- Execute additional duties and responsibilities as assigned
- High school diploma and GED required; trade, vocational or technical school degree is preferred
- Auto mechanics experience and ASE certifications (Automotive Service Excellence) preferred
- Strong mechanical, mathematical and reasoning aptitude is required
- Minimum of 1-3 year technician service experience or schooling in an applicable field:
- 12-volt electronics installs and service, OR
- GPS or fleet telemetry installs and service, OR
- Fire alarm installs and service, OR
- Access control, CCTV, or intercom systems, OR
- School or other transit bus mechanic
- Able to travel to local/regional and national service sites:
- Travel outside of your home territory is expected when deploying new customers. Deployment assignments are 2-weeks on, 1-week home with travel perks
- Our work happens when school buses are not running. As such, you are willing to work overtime, nights, and weekends when required
- It is a condition of employment for this position that the candidate will be able to travel to the US.
Compensation and benefits:
- Competitive pay, including overtime
- Generous benefits plan – Health/Vision/Dental
- Generous vacation and sick leave allowance
- Ability to earn additional vacation based on travel time
- Eligible for Performance Bonuses – after 3 months and 6 months ($1,000, $1,500)
- Mileage and expense reimbursement
- Cell phone stipend
- Company provided training and tools
- Career path and opportunities to move into other roles
- An opportunity to work with a high performing team and travel
- An opportunity to help build a company dedicated to children’s safety
NOTE TO APPLICANTS:
We’re looking for a valued partner to add to our team. This is an important role for us, and a great opportunity for the right candidate. Our environment is inclusive, diverse, ignited, built on integrity, and deeply committed. Come and help us keep our children safe.
Please do not apply for multiple roles that are similar to this one (automotive technician, auto mechanic, vehicle equipment installer, field service technician, low voltage technician, security systems technician / installer) or to the same BusPatrol postings in cities within close proximity.
Our HR representatives will review your application promptly and assign a home base based upon your location.
Related Keywords & Backgrounds: field service technician, field technician, installation technician, low voltage technician, low-voltage, electrical, electrical apprentice, electronics technician, cabling installation technician, field service vehicle technician, technician, alarm technician, electrician, fire alarm, CFLST, IP Cameras, CCTV technician, CCTV installer, networking, wiring, security system technician, security system installer, access control, NICET, Heating and Air Conditioning HVAC Technician, HVAC technician, HVAC installer, HVAC apprentice, HVAC maintenance, broadband installation technician, comtech1, comtech2, comtech3, satellite, RF & security technician, fire alarm technician, security technician, security camera installer, installation and data cabling technician, structured cabling technician, home automation installation technician, low voltage cable, cabling technician, cabling installer, cable technician, telecom network field technician, telecommunication / network cable technician, installation technician, GPS & telematics installation, GPS & telematics service technician, fiber technician, fiber optic technician, audio visual technician, AV technician, POS and cabling technician, vehicle equipment installer, GPS assembler, Mobile GPS / EOBR installation technician, telematics technician, vehicle electronics technician, mobile device technician, telematic technician, telematic install technician, installation technical specialist, maintenance technician, maintenance mechanic, smart home technician, mobile service technician