Position: Regional Quality Manager (Field Service Installations and Fleet Management)
Location: Candidates must be in Dutchess County area
Travel: 15- 20% - regional travel to customer sites as needed
Education: HSD/GED is required; Associates or bachelor’s degree is preferred
Experience: 4-5 years progressive experience and demonstrated success/knowledge, managing relationships with internal and external customers and process improvement in a post installation technical customer-facing support environment is required. Experience working with the various root cause and corrective action tools; experience analyzing data and identifying trends to address quality issues is preferred however not required.
Who we are:
BusPatrol is a safety technology company and a leader in smart transportation, bringing cutting-edge AI, machine learning and IoT safety tech solutions to school buses across North America. Through relentless innovation and discovery, we are strengthening trust, safety, and transparency across the student transportation space.
We care about child safety. BusPatrol educates motorists every day by helping to communities enforce school bus traffic stop the law. Our safety tech platform and technology suite empower school officials to improve safety on and around the school bus.
Join our safety movement. We are looking for dedicated people interested in helping us modernize school buses across America. Together, we can create a safer future for our children.
Job Description Summary
In this role, you will interface with the regional customer base, Field Services, Program Managers, Project Managers, Learning and Development, and other functional teams to drive quality improvements in the preparation, delivery, and continuous improvement of our field services activities. This position will be responsible for Quality Planning, Assurance, Control, and Improvement for BusPatrol’s Titan Safety System and partner products. Support the region teams by championing a culture of quality assurance while also facilitating problem-solving, RCA, NCR reporting and resolution, and capturing lessons learned.
What you will do:
- Monitors and reports to the customer on fleet performance by monitoring dashboards and gathering feedback from clients
- Reviews remote quality checks being performed by technicians
- Identify opportunities for installation process improvements
- Ensures installation and fleet maintenance are up to the highest standards
- Ensure service requests are completed on time
- Updates the customer on fleet performance
- Partner with project management, field services, and program management to maintain quality standards
- Alert field services to trends that may require intervention from the team
- Under the guidance of a Quality Engineer, perform root cause analysis to troubleshoot issues and provide resolution (5 why, 8D, fishbone/ Ishikawa, poka-yoke)
- Role model, Safety, Quality, and Compliance centered ways of working
- Always promote the interests and image of BusPatrol
- Provide a strong Quality mindset in support of business goals and objectives
- Foster Quality for all customer work, field service staff, and fixed facilities
- Build a Quality Culture throughout the organization – one where defects are not accepted, created, or passed on
- Ensure there is measurement, analysis, and a regular operating rhythm around Quality metrics including:
- Customer experience and satisfaction.
- Cost of Poor Quality
- Camera system monitoring accuracy
- Fleet health uptime and resolution time
- Reduction in quality errors
- Under the guidance of a Quality Engineer, perform Quality Planning through proper readiness tollgate reviews including the application of risk identification and mitigation through PFMEA methodology
- Measure performance of onsite teams against Quality standards.
- Perform Site Quality Audits, conduct analysis and recommended actions
- Assure NCR process including driving increased capture and faster resolution
- Own, track, trend Field Service NCRs for the region
What you will bring:
- A minimum of 4-5 years' experience and demonstrated success/knowledge, managing relationships with internal and external customers, and process improvement in a post-installation technical customer-facing support environment is required.
- HSD/GED required; Associates degree preferred
- Experience solving quality problems is required
- Experience with repairs, on-site services/installation of security/camera systems or similar hardware, etc.
- Proficient level of knowledge of one or more: Security systems, telecom systems, remote monitoring systems, telemetry systems, etc.
- A procedure mindset and ability to implement & communicate procedures
- Analytical and quantitative skills
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
- Able to travel to customer sites and BusPatrol facilities
- Experience working with program management to grow the business and address issues
- Technology skills which support the ability to communicate effectively and work remotely (e.g., through Slack and e-mail) and the ability to learn quality assurance software
- Usage of various Six Sigma methodologies and root cause/corrective action tools is preferred however not required
- Understanding of operational risk management is preferred
#LI - BH1