Position: Regional Quality Engineer (Field Service Installations and Fleet Management)
Location: Candidates must be located in the Long Island area
Who we are:
BusPatrol is safety technology company and a leader in smart transportation, bringing cutting-edge AI, machine learning and IoT safety tech solutions to school buses across North America. Through relentless innovation and discovery, we are strengthening trust, safety, and transparency across the student transportation space.
We care about child safety. BusPatrol educates motorists every day by helping to communities enforce school bus traffic stop the law. Our safety tech platform and technology suite empower school officials to improve safety on and around the school bus.
Join our safety movement. We are looking for dedicated people interested in helping us modernize school buses across America. Together, we can create a safer future for our children.
Job Description Summary
In this role, you will interface with the regional customer base, Field Services, Program Managers, Project Managers, Learning and Development, and other functional teams to drive quality improvements in the preparation, delivery, and continuous improvement of our field services activities. This position will be responsible for Quality Planning, Assurance, Control, and Improvement for BusPatrol’s Titan Safety System and partner products. Support the region teams by championing a culture of quality assurance while also facilitating problem-solving, RCA, NCR reporting and resolution, and capturing lessons learned.
- Monitors and reports to the customer on fleet performance by monitoring dashboards and gathering feedback from clients
- Identify opportunities for installation process improvements
- Ensures installation and fleet maintenance are up to the highest standards
- Reports to the customer on fleet performance
- Identifies opportunities for process improvement
- Partner with project management, field services, and program management to maintain quality standards
- Alert field services to trends that may require intervention from the team
- Perform root cause analysis to troubleshoot issues and provide resolution (5 why, 8D, fishbone/ Ishikawa, poka-yoke)
- Role model, Safety, Quality, and Compliance centered ways of working
- Promote the interests and image of BusPatrol at all times
- Provide a strong Quality mindset in support of business goals and objectives
- Foster Quality for all customer work, field service staff, and fixed facilities
- Build a Quality Culture throughout the organization – one where defects are not accepted, created, or passed on.
- Ensure there is the correct measurement, analysis, and a regular operating rhythm around Quality metrics including:
- customer experience
- Cost of Poor Quality
- Camera system monitoring accuracy
- Fleet health uptime and resolution time
- Customer satisfaction
- Reduction in quality errors
- Apply Quality Planning, Assurance, Control, and Lean Six Sigma methodologies to improve process capability.
- Assure use of Quality standards, productivity tools, methods, and controls for fieldwork, including but not limited to the proper execution of FME (Foreign Material Exclusion), ITPL (Inspection and Test Plan), FP (Field Procedure) Quality Work Instructions, and Human Error Prevention.
- Perform Quality Planning through proper readiness tollgate reviews including the application of risk identification and mitigation through PFMEA methodology.
- Measure performance of onsite teams against Quality standards.
- Perform Site Quality Audits, conduct analysis and recommended actions
- Assure NCR process including driving increased capture and faster resolution.
- Own, track, trend Field Service NCRs for the region.
- Support Root Cause Analysis including implementation of corrective and preventive actions.
- Minimum of 4-5 years progressive experience and demonstrated success/knowledge, managing relationships with internal and external customers and process improvement in a post-installation technical customer-facing support environment
- HSD/GED required; Associates or bachelor’s degree from an accredited university or college (preferred in engineering or equivalent experience in field service (maintenance, installation) or quality roles for field service or hardware installs)
- Experience working with program management to grow the business and address issues
- Technology skills which support the ability to communicate effectively and work remotely (e.g., through Slack and e-mail) and the ability to learn quality assurance software
- Usage of various Six Sigma methodologies and root cause/corrective action tools
- Experience with operational risk management
- Experience solving quality problems
- Six Sigma yellow belt preferred
- Experience performing root cause analysis
- Experience working in a matrix team environment
- Good level of knowledge of one or more: Security systems, telecom systems, remote monitoring systems, telemetry systems, etc.
- Experience with repairs, on-site services/installation of security/camera systems or similar hardware, etc.
- Customer orientation and ability to promote customer interests
- Leadership capabilities in Field Service and/or Quality.
- Experience in managing projects with multiple stakeholders through to successful completion within time constraints.
- Proven ability to work efficiently without direct supervision. Self-motivated with demonstrated ability to motivate others to achieve results.
- Experience with implementing & reporting quality metrics.
- A procedure mindset and ability to implement & communicate procedures
- Analytical and quantitative skills.
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills.
- Able to travel to customer sites and BusPatrol facilities.