Austin, TX | Allentown, PA | Montreal, QC | Lorton, VA | Remote USA & CAN
Who We Are:
BusPatrol is safety technology company and a leader in smart transportation, bringing cutting-edge AI, machine learning and IoT safety tech solutions to school buses across North America. Through relentless innovation and discovery, we are strengthening trust, safety, and transparency across the student transportation space.
We care about child safety. BusPatrol saves the lives of children. Our safety tech platform and technology suite empower school officials to improve safety on and around the school bus. We educate motorists every day by helping to communities enforce school bus traffic stop the law as well as the application of multiple other technologies and capabilities.
Join our safety movement with your talents, innovation, and insights. We are looking for dedicated people interested in helping us modernize school buses across America. Together, we can create a safer future for our children.
Reporting to the VP of Product Development, the Product Manager is a critical partner in our Product Development Department, who will work to develop and deliver next generation product solutions into the market.
The successful candidate will be effective in working cross functionally with Engineering, Sales, Project Management, Sourcing, Quality Engineering, the Field Services organization, key internal business partners and senior management to translate the unique requirements of our many customers in Schools, State and Local Governments. The Product Manager proactively drives shared and accurate understanding of various product, features (hardware, software, and firmware) development, updates, and models to ensure exemplary delivery for BusPatrol’s customers.
The ideal candidate will leverage advanced-knowledge-of and passion-for product development for technical products powered by machine vision, camera & sensor systems, AI, IoT enabled devices, and related computer and hardware systems technologies. This person will operate autonomously, build trust, and consistently deliver results. This person will bring valued experience as a Product Manager or Senior Engineer in a related technical product development field with hands-on electrical or mechanical design experience.
What you will be doing…
- Leveraging analytics to spot trends and identify opportunities to better serve our customers
- Leading the product functional design based on an intimate knowledge of the customer and technology
- Prioritizing engineering backlog and balancing the requirements of multiple customers and stakeholders
- Enabling analytics-driven decision making to evolve existing products and usage
- Performing voice of the customer research to help shape the strategy of the product roadmap
- Consulting and/or negotiating with clients and business stakeholders on technical and business matters related to project specifications and deliverables
- Communicating appropriately and effectively with internal and external stakeholders to ensure desired results and issues are mutually understood to ensure desired outcomes and efficiently overcome challenges when they arise
- Evangelizing the product both internally and externally and shepherding products through the development process, advocating to achieve the best outcomes
- Interacting with stakeholders to identify needs, opportunities, and gaps, and solve problems
- Overseeing strategy implementation with tangible and measurable results
- Brainstorming and negotiating effectively with various stakeholders to continuously define feature priority and existing capabilities reuse
- Helping your team develop products by making difficult tradeoffs and removing roadblocks
- Defining and executing the deployment plan, working to ensure that marketing and sales have what they need to be successful
- Establishing the product’s goals and reviewing success metrics to achieve commercial success
- Leading the business features breakdown into platform features and stories.
- Leading and/or writing stories for scrum teams
- Applying an Agile mindset and being a transformation champion
- Partnering with teams that develop the hardware and software solutions to ensure a platform focus that helps strengthen ongoing relationships our customers.
- Being a committed champion for your projects driving uncompromised quality, thoroughness, and innovation of the products going to market.
- Performing project functions such as reviewing or writing reports, approving expenditures, enforcing rules, purchasing of materials or services, etc.
- Engages with team to proactively participate in continuous improvement efforts.
What You Bring…
- Minimum of five years of applicable product management and/or engineering experience as an electrical or mechanical design, quality engineer or a combination of similar experience considered.
- Experience in industries such as (but not limited to) electro-mechanical installed systems, buses, school buses, automotive, light rail, airplane, rail, manufacturing automation systems, etc. is considered optimal
- Experience in effectively gathering and communicating technical business requirements among appropriate audiences
- Understanding-of and ability to contribute to the product development roadmap and product lifecycle
- Experience working with schematics, blueprints, and user manuals.
- Experience governing standard project and technical product development processes/procedures including quality checks, using audits tools, following processes and completing reporting efforts
- Understanding of standard operation of hand/power tools and measurement/testing instruments used in installing and testing of electromechanical devices/machines as used by installers and field services in support of products
- Physical Requirements: Must be able to lift 50 lbs. and stand or kneel for extended periods of time as needed.
- Location: Remote (Eastern US or Mid-Western US)
- Travel: Occasional, limited travel as needed for relevant customer, vendor, and BusPatrol’s training, etc.
- Education: Bachelor's degree in Engineering from an accredited university or a combination of experience, skills, technical acumen in product/project management considered
What We Offer…
- An opportunity to help build a company dedicated to children’s safety
- The chance to join an innovative and dedicated team, focused on leading edge technology
- The opportunity to work with, and learn from, a talented Marketing and People team
- Competitive salary and benefits package
Note to applicants: We are looking for a valued member of the BusPatrol team to assist us in our quest to improve children’s safety. This is an important role for us and a great opportunity for the right candidate. Our environment is inclusive, diverse, ignited, built on integrity, and deeply committed. Join our safety mission to help keep children safe!