Who we are:
BusPatrol is a safety technology company and a leader in smart transportation, bringing cutting-edge AI, machine learning, and IoT safety tech solutions to school buses across North America. Through relentless innovation and discovery, we are strengthening trust, safety, and transparency across the student transportation space.
We care about child safety. BusPatrol educates motorists every day by helping communities enforce school bus traffic stop law. Our safety tech platform and technology suite empower school officials to improve safety on and around the school bus.
Join our safety movement. We are looking for dedicated people interested in helping us modernize school buses across America. Together, we can create a safer future for our children.
BusPatrol is undergoing rapid expansion. We are looking for an experienced Project Manager to join our Installations team and drive successful platform deployments for new customers. If you thrive working in a fast-paced environment with talented peers, this position is for you. As an Installations Project Manager, you are responsible for overseeing the end-to-end deployment of BusPatrol’s proprietary stop arm enforcement camera system onto customer school buses across North America. Successful deployment requires strong leadership, coordination, and communication across multiple stakeholders
- Act as the face of BusPatrol deployments and coordinate all our internal field services teams – including Field partners, Field Service Technicians, Advanced Technician Support, Quality Management, Resource Planning, and Analytics – to ensure successful delivery and customer satisfaction.
- Effectively communicate project statuses and needs with internal and external stakeholders
- Ensure the execution of projects/installations in a timely fashion
- Develop and create project plans, and allocate resources across multiple projects in different municipalities
- Work cross-functionally with resource allocation lead, operations, and vendor management department to ensure proper deployment of resources
- Utilize project management tools: Wrike, SharePoint, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.
Knowledge and skill requirements:
- The ideal candidate has 5+ years of experience with advanced project management skills, strong written and verbal communication ability, excellent time management, and customer-first orientation.
- The ideal candidate operates autonomously, builds trust, and consistently delivers results.
- Mature, successful collaborator with good judgment, influencing skills, and capable of earning trust across a variety of diverse teams
- A solid organizational leader with attention to detail and multitasking capabilities
- Taskmaster with a relentless focus on developing, maintaining, reporting on, and delivering against a project plan
- A process improvement mindset, with a willingness to improve on existing processes and document them
- High standard for detail-orientation and quality work product; willingness to push internal and external teams to achieve zero-defect work
- Self-driven, analytical, and results-oriented problem solver with proven sound judgment
- Proactive communicator with outstanding written, verbal and presentations skills
- Driven project lead focused on setting high standards (never satisfied with the status quo)
- A positive influencer that leads through frequent ambiguity/uncertainty/change
Education & experience:
- HSD/GED is required; 2 or 4 years degree is preferred; PMP preferred
- 5+ years as a program manager in technology, construction, service, or manufacturing related industry
- In the field of transportation project management experience (e.g. construction, hardware deployments, oil & gas, bus operator) is a plus
- Experience working in Cloud-based project management tools (e.g.. Confluence, Wrike, Slack, Microsoft Teams, etc.) is a plus
- Customer deployment experience managing full development lifecycle; operations expertise a plus
- The Installations Project Manager is a hands-on and technically minded individual, capable of working with a task-oriented approach while retaining a strong commitment to effective communication.
- Our installation work happens when school buses are not running. Though we do our planning and coordination during normal business hours, you are willing to be accessible during ‘off’ hours should a situation require it
- Ability to travel during live deployments, particularly during the initial launch of new customers (typically 50% however can be up to 75%)
- Location:Eastern Time Zone United States
Compensation and benefits:
- Ultra-competitive pay, including overtime
- Comprehensive benefits including medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Paid holidays
- Mileage, expense reimbursement & per diem
- Cell phone stipend
- Company-provided training and tools
- Career path to technical and/or business management roles
- An opportunity to work with a high performing team and travel
- An opportunity to help build a company dedicated to children’s safety