Who We Are:
Our mission is to create a culture of responsibility and awareness on the road. We are devoted to making the journey to and from school safer. We develop partnerships, deploy Safety Tech and manage the entire program. We have equipped thousands of buses across North America with our innovative technology, and we continue to educate tens of thousands of drivers a month on safety. BusPatrol America cares about student safety. We educate motorists every day by helping to enforce the law and work with school officials to improve safety.
Reporting to the VP, Software Development, the successful candidates will be instrumental part of a small technical team. The successful candidate possesses strong technical skills in embedded software development, IoT system integration, and hardware design, while being an exceptional communicator.
What we need you to do:
- Help us work towards building our next generation embedded edge systems
- Research and develop hardware and software solutions for ARM based architectures
- Develop, test, and troubleshoot system software
- Iteratively analyze, monitor and improve efficiency, stability of the system
- Interface with hardware design and development
- Effectively communicate with both internal and external engineering teams
- Create and manage documentation for active projects
- Participate in code and design reviews
- Have a passion for working with low voltage electronics!
What you bring:
- 3+ years of experience in embedded software engineering or similar role
- BS degree in Computer Science or Engineering (or equivalent experience)
- Strong programming experience in C/C++ and Python
- Familiarity with software configuration management tools and defect tracking tools
- Excellent knowledge of OS coding techniques
- Knowledge of different IP/Network protocols and interfaces
- Experience with GPIO and sensor integration
- Advanced knowledge of Linux, command line tools, and version control systems
- Excellent knowledge of interface and network protocols
- Demonstrated ability to work with an Agile software development environment
- Critical thinker and problem-solving skills
- Experience developing and testing IoT and embedded systems.
- Integration with AWS IoT Greengrass (preferred)
What we offer:
- An opportunity to help build a company dedicated to children’s safety
- The chance to join an innovative and dedicated team, focused on leading edge technology
- Competitive salary and benefits package
We’re looking for critical members of the BusPatrol team to assist us in our quest to improve children’s safety. This is an important role for us and a great opportunity for the right candidates. Our environment is inclusive, diverse, ignited, built on integrity and deeply committed. Come and help us keep our children safe.