Who we are:
BusPatrol is a leader in smart transportation, bringing cutting-edge AI, machine learning and IoT safety tech solutions to school buses across North America. Through relentless innovation and discovery, we are strengthening trust, safety and transparency across the student transportation space.
We care about child safety. BusPatrol educates motorists every day by helping to enforce the law. Our safety tech platform and technology suite empower school officials to improve safety on and around the school bus.
Join our safety movement. We are looking for dedicated people interested in helping us modernize school buses across America. Together, we can create a safer future for our children.
- Use automotive / vehicle expertise for the installation and maintenance of the safety equipment on school buses
- Perform installations of our AI-powered BusPatrol Student Safety 360° Platform
- Hardware suite includes: MDVR, antenna for cloud-connectivity, cameras and security system components
- Troubleshoot, diagnose and repair units while in the field
- Deliver on your assigned install and repair quantities
- Record and communicate daily deliverables to team leads in a timely manner
- Live BusPatrol values by being a reliable, courteous, and consistent team player
- Follow all safety guidelines
- Maintain a professional appearance
- Execute additional duties and responsibilities as assigned
Knowledge and skill requirements:
- Strong working knowledge of vehicle mechanics, fuel lines, power systems, vehicle body repair and customization inside and outside of the vehicle.
- Strong working understanding of automotive technician, auto mechanic, equipment installation skills
- Able to operate standard hand and power tools
- Understand field service basics: running wires, cable management, connecting product components, and using test equipment such as multimeter
- Able to read install manuals, service manuals, schematics, and troubleshoot electronic equipment
- Able to effectively self-manage, follow daily travel and dispatch instructions, and report updates to managers
- Proficient in using a tablet, email, Microsoft Word/Excel
- Comfort with a physically demanding job in a variety of environments
- Ability to lift 75lbs to shoulder height
- Ability to stand or kneel for extended periods of time
- Possess a valid driver’s license and a clean driving record.
- Pass drug screening
- Your home territory extends up to a 100-mile radius. BusPatrol reimburses miles but you will need access to a reliable vehicle. We offer rentals for longer trips (50 miles+)
- Travel outside of your home territory is expected when deploying new customers. Deployment assignments are 2-weeks on, 1-week home with travel perks
- Our work happens when school buses are not running. As such, you are willing to work overtime, nights, and weekends when required
Education & experience:
- Trade, vocational or technical school degree is preferred
- High school diploma and GED required
- Automotive service experience or schooling in an applicable field:
- Auto mechanics experience and ASE certifications (Automotive Service Excellence) preferred
- 12-volt electronics installs and service, OR
- GPS or fleet telemetry installs and service, OR
- School or other transit bus mechanic
Compensation and benefits:
- Competitive pay, including overtime
- Comprehensive benefits including medical, dental and vision insurance
- Paid holidays
- Mileage and expense reimbursement
- Cell phone stipend
- Company provided training and tools
- Career path to technical expert and/or field management roles
- An opportunity to work with a high performing team and travel
- An opportunity to help build a company dedicated to children’s safety
NOTE TO APPLICANTS:
We’re looking for a valued partner to add to our team. This is an important role for us, and a great opportunity for the right candidate. Our environment is inclusive, diverse, ignited, built on integrity, and deeply committed. Come and help us keep our children safe.
Please do not apply for multiple roles that are similar to this one (automotive technician, auto mechanic, vehicle equipment installer, field service technician) or to the same BusPatrol postings in cities within close proximity. Our HR representatives will review your application promptly and assign a home base based upon your location.
Related Backgrounds: service tech, technicians, mechanics, tech, service technician, vehicle repair, car repair, automotive service, auto service, ASE, certified technicians, maintenance tech, field service vehicle technician, fleet maintenance technician, school bus technician, bus mechanic, school bus mechanic, school bus fleet technician, traveling fleet technician, maintenance technician, heavy duty technician, maintenance mechanic, vehicle equipment installer, auto mechanic, automotive mechanic, automotive install tech, car electronics installer, mobile service technician, field service vehicle technician