Location: Long Island (Remote until office opens in Hauppauge)2-3 days per week
Who We Are:
Our mission is to create a culture of responsibility and awareness on the road. We are devoted to making the journey to and from school safer. We develop partnerships, deploy Safety Tech and manage the entire program. We have equipped thousands of buses across North America with our innovative technology and we continue to educate tens of thousands of drivers a month on safety. BusPatrol America cares about student safety. We educate motorists every day by helping to enforce the law and work with school officials to improve safety.
Reporting to the Director, People Operations, you will be at the forefront of driving operational excellence in the People Ops department of BusPatrol. Using progressive tools and systems ( Namely, GreenHouse, and Sharepoint), you will champion process improvement, data integrity, employee and manager self-service, documentation of regulatory compliance, and consistency in process and policy application. You will be the company expert in capturing employment processes including leaves of absence, onboarding, immigration and work visas, data flow to Payroll, and employment verification. This is a great opportunity for someone who is energized by maintaining momentum on day-to-day processes while also working on multiple short- and long-term projects.
What we need you to do:
- Enter and ensure the data integrity of employee information that flows into and out of our HR system.
- Builds and designs reports and provides regular data pertaining to People Operations.
- Maintain the headcount file on a monthly basis
- Manage training initiatives and follow up with employees for receipts, number of hours, certificates, etc
- Provide the Finance department all People related files for payroll processing (onboarding documents, change of status, salaries reviews, leaves, etc)
- Uploads employee documents into our HRIS;
- Create, organize, and migrate human resources files.
- Coordinate work permits and immigration files with external lawyers
- Performs all other related tasks as needed with the team to meet our objectives.
What you bring:
- An affinity for process improvement, automation and making work easier
- A keen interest in technology and solving problems with technology
- Diploma in Administration, Human Resources Management or equivalent training;
- Proficiency with systems and data management
- Knowledge of and experience with HRIS systems
- Good command of the Sharepoint and MS Office Suite, especially Excel;
- Good communication skills
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to prioritize against objectives
- Positivity, enthusiasm, exceptional customer service skills and a thirst for learning;
- The ability to understand confidentiality of information
- Team orientation and willingness to jump in and assist the team
What we offer:
- An opportunity to help build a company dedicated to children’s safety
- The chance to join an innovative and dedicated team, focused on leading edge technology
- The opportunity to work and learn from a talented People team
- Exposure to all facets of Human Resources and the opportunity to take on projects as we continue to grow
- Competitive salary and benefits package
We are looking for a valued member of the BusPatrol team to assist us in our quest to improve children’s safety. This is an important role for us and a great opportunity for the right candidate. Our environment is inclusive, diverse, ignited, built on integrity and deeply committed. Come and help us keep our children safe.