Who We Are:
Our mission is to create a culture of responsibility and awareness on the road. We are devoted to making the journey to and from school safer. We develop partnerships, deploy Safety Tech and manage the entire program. We have equipped thousands of buses across North America with our innovative technology and we continue to educate tens of thousands of drivers a month on safety. BusPatrol America cares about student safety. We educate motorists every day by helping to enforce the law and work with school officials to improve safety.
Reporting to Information Systems and Support Management, the successful candidates will be instrumental in supporting the production team located remotely across North America. This position will require you to come up with proactive solutions and will offer many unique challenges and learning opportunities.
What we need you to do:
- Playing at active role at Level 2 Support to manage incident and event tickets, determine priority, and resolution from Level 1 escalation within defined SLA in compliance to Client’s incident management process.
- Escalate incident and event tickets to Level 3 teams within defined SLA in compliance to client’s incident management process.
- Manage application jobs, and provide instructions to Level 1 Application Operations team for jobs recovery/execution.
- Perform in-depth production incident troubleshooting, resolve any production incident and monitor the fixes to ensure correct resolution.
- In conjunction with L3 support team, act as subject matter expert for Application and Infrastructure Support teams for troubleshooting and resolution of complex issues that involve the core operating system or desktop components.
- Perform Service Requests (e.g. data patching, extraction of data or report, answer usage queries, etc.)
- Manage desktop lifecycle management process through planning and forecasting.
- Build and update knowledge base from incident and problem tickets.
- Collaborate with executive management and department leaders to assess near- and long-term network capacity needs.
- Create and maintain documentation of network configuration, network diagram, mapping, processes, and service records.
- Manage network assets, including maintenance of network component inventory and related documentation and technical specifications information.
- Take initiative to proactively discover and remediate deficiencies in network solutions, both deployed and in design phase.
- Participate and lead problem resolution and cause analysis.
- Drive efforts to restore, recover, or alter configurations, logical or physical, to maintain service integrity.
- Assist in developing, implementing and maintaining policies, procedures, and associated training plans for network administration, usage, and disaster recovery.
- Conduct research on network products, services, protocols, and standards to remain abreast of developments in the IT industry.
- After office hours’ support will be required at times especially during network planned/unplanned outages and maintenance.
What you bring:
- Obtained Diploma or Bachelor's Degree in Information Systems, Computer Engineering, related field (or equivalent).
- 3 to 5 years of experience in an IT Helpdesk role (Remote Support), and demonstrated end-user computing troubleshooting skills
- 3 to 5 years of in-depth hands-on experience in core network technologies such as routing & switching, wireless and voice.
- Strong knowledge and understanding about application architecture and how they interact with various systems.
- Strong troubleshooting skills and experience to resolve critical & complex incidents.
- Knowledge on LAN, WAN & Wireless, switching & routing technologies (such as VLAN, STP, OSPF, BGP, etc.), MPLS, IPv6, Multicast, L3VPN, DNS/DHCP is required.
- Knowledge and experience on SDN, Cloud & Network Automation.
- Strong communications and written skills.
- Excellent problem-solving skills in a multi-tasking, fast-paced and complex work environment.
What we offer:
- An opportunity to help build a company dedicated to children’s safety
- The chance to join an innovative and dedicated team, focused on leading edge technology
- Competitive salary and benefits package
We’re looking for critical members of the BusPatrol team to assist us in our quest to improve children’s safety. This is an important role for us and a great opportunity for the right candidates. Our environment is inclusive, diverse, ignited, built on integrity and deeply committed. Come and help us keep our children safe.