Who We Are:
Our mission is to create a culture of responsibility and awareness on the road. We are devoted to making the journey to and from school safer. We develop partnerships, deploy Safety Tech, and manage the entire program. We have equipped thousands of buses across North America with our innovative technology and we continue to educate tens of thousands of drivers a month on safety. BusPatrol America cares about student safety. We educate motorists every day by helping to enforce the law and work with school officials to improve safety.
Reporting to the Accounts Receivable Team Lead, you will be responsible for assisting with related tasks including receiving and posting incoming payments to the proper accounts and month-end reconciliation of partner’s revenue.
What we need you to do:
- Payment processing for check payments including depositing payments in the bank and recording payments to the appropriate account.
- Issuing check and credit card refunds as needed.
- Assisting call center with finance related questions
- Handling of chargebacks and reversals
- Recording returned checks as needed
- End of month reconciliation for bank accounts
- Assisting Municipality’s Finance Department
- Shares vision and priorities of senior management with his/her team and communicates how their daily responsibilities align with the overall strategies in a meaningful way. Sets challenging goals for employees to achieve which are aligned with the team's overall strategies.
- Recognizes success by showing appreciation on what has been accomplished and how (the approach). Uses timely, constructive, and bias-free feedback to alter behavior and drive high performance
- Knows his/her team and supports peers/employees to grow and develop their own skills by constructive and ongoing feedback
- Identifies and challenges longstanding structural barriers to meet goals. Consistently challenges his and employees' thinking to go beyond the constraints for continuous improvement of processes, tools and procedures that will add value to our business.
- Proactively surfaces and works through team barriers to initiate change (e.g., deals with change resistors, ensures buy-in and resources). Mobilizes and influences self/employee commitment for accepting and adapting to change
- Embraces, encourages, and supports people who see things differently and who desire to go above and beyond their current roles
- Demonstrates confidence in the judgment and capabilities of the team, peers, and leaders as well as his/her own. Encourages discussion and provides needed coaching/feedback to build a climate in which team can succeed in bringing value and be proud of their work.
- Treats everyone with respect, dignity, and multi-cultural sensitivity. Acts with transparency and fairness in all transactions with customers and employees, i.e. customer relations, hiring, coaching, employee development
What you bring:
- Must demonstrate user level proficiency with Microsoft Office
- Must demonstrate user level proficiency with G Suite
- High school diploma or GED required
- Oracle knowledge/experience is beneficial but not necessary
- Accounting/bookkeeping experience or education is beneficial but not necessary
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong organizational analytical skills
- Strong Time management skills
- Solid work ethic and dependability
- Effective communication skills
- Good attitude/Team player
- Honest and integrous
What we offer:
- An opportunity to help build a company dedicated to children’s safety
- The chance to join an innovative and dedicated team, focused on leading edge technology
- Along with a competitive salary and benefits package, we offer an incredible culture where you can learn and grow!