Document Processor (Admin/Correspondence)
Location: 8560 Cinder Bed Rd #100, Lorton, VA 22079 (No remote opportunities)
Who We Are:
Our mission is to create a culture of responsibility and awareness on the road. We are devoted to making the journey to and from school safer. We develop partnerships, deploy Safety Tech and manage the entire program. We have equipped thousands of buses across North America with our innovative technology and we continue to educate tens of thousands of drivers a month on safety. BusPatrol America cares about student safety. We educate motorists every day by helping to enforce the law and work with school officials to improve safety.
The selected individual will work closely with county officials and police officers to manage, maintain, and create monthly evidence packets in all jurisdictions BusPatrol America operates. The Correspondence (Document Processor) Agent is also responsible for generating dockets and evidence packets for the police officers and court officials for each court date.
An ideal candidate must have excellent oral and verbal communication skills, strong analytical abilities, proficiency in Microsoft Excel and Word, strong organizational abilities, a keen attention to detail, a strong work ethic, the ability to multi-task and the desire to work as a self-motivated team player in a dynamic work environment with opportunity for growth.
- The Correspondence (Document Processor) Agent will be responsible for scanning all incoming and outgoing correspondence into our internal database as well as creating and mailing outgoing correspondence
- Handling office tasks, such as filing, exporting reports, and emailing
- Understanding and striving to meet or exceed correspondence metrics while providing accurate letters and evidence packets
- Maintains and improves quality results by adhering to standards and guidelines, recommending improved procedure
- Updates job knowledge by studying the school bus laws in the different jurisdiction BusPatrol operates
- The selected individual should always be prepared and responsive, willing to meet each challenge directly
- The Correspondence (Document Processor) Agent will be responsible for assisting the Correspondence Team Lead with goals and projects
Skills and Requirements
- 1 to 3 years of experience as an administrative assistant or similar role preferred but not required
- Must demonstrate user level proficiency with Microsoft Office
- Must have solid verbal and written communication skills, effective time management skills, and those who are results driven
- Must have the ability to multitask
- High school diploma or GED required
- Must be able to adapt to change
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Consult frequently with Team Lead for innovation and goals
- Critical thinker and problem-solving skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Good attitude/Team player
- Shares vision and priorities of senior mgmt with colleagues and communicates daily responsibilities align with the overall strategies in a meaningful way.
- Has integrity to self and colleagues by showing respect in the workplace
- Able to embrace collaborative work and show growth and development by constructive and ongoing feedback
- Identifies personal challenges at barriers to meet goals. Consistently challenges self by thinking to go beyond constraints for continuous improvement of processes, tools and procedures that will add value to our business.
- Embraces, encourages, and supports colleagues who see things differently and who desire to grow
- Participates discussion and provides needed feedback to build a climate in which team can succeed in bringing value and be proud of their work.
- Treats everyone with respect, dignity, and multi-cultural sensitivity. Acts with transparency and fairness in all transactions with colleagues and leadership
What we offer:
- An opportunity to help build a company dedicated to children’s safety
- The chance to join an innovative and dedicated team, focused on leading edge technology
- Competitive salary and benefits package
We’re looking for critical members of the BusPatrol team to assist us in our quest to improve children’s safety. This is an important role for us and a great opportunity for the right candidates. Our environment is inclusive, diverse, ignited, built on integrity and deeply committed. Come and help us keep our children safe.