Who We Are:
BusPatrol is a Safety Technology company. Our core mission is to improve the lives of students everywhere as the leading international provider for school bus stop arm enforcement.
BusPatrol’s technology has been deployed onto more buses and has been used to issue more school bus stop arm citations than any other company in the world. Our proprietary technology turns school buses into Smart Buses equipped with AI enhanced video, GPS, telemetry, data processing, and archiving. In this way, we enable counties and school districts to enhance the safety of children in their communities.
BusPatrol is undergoing rapid expansion. We are looking for an experienced Project Manager to join our Installations team and drive successful platform deployments for new customers. If you thrive working in a fast-paced environment with talented peers, this position is for you.
The Senior Manager for the Regional Quality Group will lead a team of ten Regional Quality Managers that ensures quality standards for our internal field technicians and external installation vendors across the United States and Canada. This team will also serve as the voice of the customer, acting as a liaison between fleet operators and BusPatrol’s Field Service team. By focusing on the quality of installations as well as feedback from the customer, this team will identify opportunities to improve quality and maintain fleet health across the BusPatrol footprint. To keep pace with our pipeline of business, the Senior Manager will also standardize and document the BusPatrol Quality processes to ensure that our partners’ high standards for speed, safety, and care of their bus fleets and students are met.
- Manage BusPatrol’s Regional Quality Manager Team, responsible for capturing and resolving service issues across the fleet. In this role you will not only capture the issues, but leverage process engineering and quality management to eliminate root causes of quality issues.
- Continually adapt Quality Assurance processes and tools as BusPatrol team and installation footprint expands.
- Develop, monitor, and maintain Quality Assurance systems and programs to assure integrity and compliance with safety, legal, and technology standards.
- Inform training to reinforce internal external field teams on quality requirements – hold the team to a high standard.
- Build new reporting tools to evaluate fleet health and use them to continually improve quality results.
- Review regional and local quality data to identify opportunities for continuous improvement, as well as opportunities to mitigate key risks.
- Work with our internal BusPatrol technicians, external installations partners, installation project managers, and technology teams to build and refine processes and systems that will ensure consistent and high quality.
Knowledge and skill requirements:
- Strong customer service ability, significant experience working with demanding customers with the ability to manage expectations effectively.
- Demonstrated ability to build repeatable quality process and motivate teams to use them.
- Experience with improving processes and implementing improvements in order to improve quality and eliminate nonvalue added functions.
- Self-motivated, collaborative, and assertive - willingness to push the organization in new and different ways.
- Advocate of Quality Assurance, Continuous Improvement and industry recognized best practices.
- Adaptable and takes well-founded points of view on critical Quality Assurance issues, with the ability to influence collaboratively others towards their resolution.
- Attention to detail with a strong work ethic.
- Effective communicator, showing professionalism and courtesy when working with customers as well as internal employees.
- Professional demeanor who treats everyone with respect, dignity, and multi-cultural sensitivity. Acts with transparency and fairness in all transactions with customers and employees, i.e. customer relations, hiring, coaching, employee development
- Strong writing and computer (Microsoft office suite) skills, particularly working with Excel.
Education & experience:
- A bachelor’s degree and minimum 3-5 years of experience in a customer service role
- 5+ years of experience leading customer facing employees.
- 3-5 years in operations role involving quality management or process engineering.
- A proven track record of people management, and effective interpersonal and communication skills
- Six Sigma / Lean Green Belt or higher preferred
Compensation and benefits:
- Competitive pay
- Comprehensive benefits including medical, dental and vision insurance
- Corporate holidays and PTO
- An opportunity to work with a high performing team
- An opportunity to help build a company dedicated to children’s safety
We’re looking for a valued partner to add to our team. This is an important role for us, and a great opportunity for the right candidate. Our environment is inclusive, diverse, ignited, built on integrity, and deeply committed. Come and help us keep our children safe.