Who we are:
BusPatrol is a Safety Technology company. Our core mission is to improve the lives of students everywhere as the leading international provider for school bus stop arm enforcement.
BusPatrol’s technology has been deployed onto more busses and has been used to issue more school bus stop arm citations than any other company in the world. Our proprietary technology turns school buses into smart buses equipped with video, GPS, telemetry, data processing, and archiving. In this way, we enable counties and school districts to enhance the safety of children in their communities.
BusPatrol is undergoing rapid expansion. We are looking for an experienced Advanced Technical Group Technician to join our Field Operations team and drive successful BusPatrol implementations within our growing customer base.
Who you are:
You’re are the best of the best, the Navy SEALS of the installation and technical support community. You’re a seasoned road warrior who thrives on tight deadlines and solving complex technical and installation problems. You are both a leader and a team player. You enjoy training and sharing your knowledge with more junior technicians. You are willing to travel 75% of the time throughout the United States and Canada to troubleshoot and assist on installation projects. Your customer service ability is AMAZING and something that should be taught and studied in schools across the globe. You are a highly trained and skilled technician, with the experience and certification to prove it. You are a natural born problem solver with the drive and motivation to get the job done by whatever means are at your disposal. You have an “owner” mentality. When working on customer equipment, you treat it as if it were your own. If this is you….then welcome home!
- Travel is required 75-80% of the time to various work sites across North America for up to 2 weeks at a time for larger installation projects.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and passport.
- Must own or have access to a reliable vehicle as the employee will be required to travel to various customer locations within his or her assigned region.
- Demonstrate proficiency in reading and understanding electrical schematics, CAD drawings and related documents for their use in low voltage applications
- Demonstrate knowledge and skill in the safe use of hand and power tools, analog/digital test equipment and CCTV testing devices
- Expert knowledge of signal flow and methods to trace and resolve network cable issues.
- Must be able to effectively self-manage, follow daily dispatch instructions, and report to assigned Regional Manager and/or Project Manager for daily progress and status updates.
- Must have the expertise in operation of a variety of standard hand tools and power tools for extended periods per day.
- Ability to diagnose and troubleshoot various types of mobile electronics, including DVRs, cameras, and networking equipment.
- Ability to smoothly work with client mechanics and other staff to complete installations and repairs.
- Ability to read and understand component level schematic diagrams for systems, equipment and device installation and maintenance.
- Evaluate, diagnose and resolve equipment failures that require servicing as well as troubleshooting potential network cabling problems.
- Perform system testing and signal verification
- Terminating basic connections such as butt splices, insulated connectors, terminal strips/blocks, fiber, telecommunications, and BNC connector
- Mounting and terminating field devices
- Installing and Terminating sub-level devices (i.e. patch panels, junction boxes) and head end equipment to include power and proper grounding
- Proficiency in the use of word processing, spreadsheet, and productivity applications, primarily Microsoft Word and Microsoft Excel
- Must possess and maintain a valid driver’s license for vehicle operation and maintain a good driving record.
- Must pass drug screening and criminal background check.
- Must be willing to work overtime, nights, and some weekends as required.
- Ability to work outside in all weather conditions
- Familiarity with a variety of technical field concepts, practices, and procedures
- Vocational Certification program and/or Bachelor’s degree in information technology, engineering, or similar discipline.
- Possess the ability to use diagnostic equipment/software and established troubleshooting techniques to isolate network connectivity deficiencies, equipment failures, and operational anomalies.
- Minimum of 10 years or more of hands-on experience in the following:
- Copper Cat6, Multimode, and Single mode fiber cable pulling
- Backbone fiber and copper cable pulling
- Installing cable conveyances such as J-hooks, cable tray, ladder rack
- Build out of Telecommunications rooms with racks, cabinets, grounding, wall fields, overhead ladder rack and drop offs, etc
- Termination of RJ45 copper jacks at both patch panel and work area outlets
- Ability to read and use a multimeter
- Ability to terminate and test data connections
- Trade, vocational or technical school degree is preferred
- 10+ years of experience of 12-volt electronic, with installation and service of fire alarm, access control, CCTV, intrusion and/or intercom systems.
- 10+ years of experience, preferably in the municipal or school bus transit markets.
- Previous work experience troubleshooting mechanical and/or electrical systems is required for this position.
- Previous work experience as a school or transit bus mechanic, industrial journeyman or master electrician, CCTV installer, mobile camera/DVR installer, would be an ideal fit for this position