Location: Remote / must be in Eastern Time Zone
Travel: 25%-35% (travel is to customer sites in the US)
Manages Others: Yes, 5-6 Installation Project Managers
Education: Bachelor’s degree in engineering or manufacturing or related field; or equivalent experience HSD/GED required.
Experience: 10 years of installation and/or field operations experience, 3+ years of project management experience leading deployments/implementations across multiple stakeholders and deployments.
Who We Are:
BusPatrol is a safety technology company and a leader in smart transportation, bringing cutting-edge AI, machine learning, and IoT safety tech solutions to school buses across North America. Through relentless innovation and discovery, we are strengthening trust, safety, and transparency across the student transportation space.
We care about child safety. BusPatrol educates motorists every day by helping communities enforce school bus traffic stop laws. Our safety tech platform and technology suite empower school officials to improve safety on and around the school bus.
Join our safety movement. We are looking for dedicated people interested in helping us modernize school buses across America. Together, we can create a safer future for our children.
As the Manager of the Installations Project Management team, you are responsible for overseeing the portfolio of deployments for BusPatrol’s proprietary stop arm enforcement camera systems onto customer school buses across North America. The ideal candidate has advanced project and portfolio management skills, strong written and verbal communication ability, excellent time management, and customer-first orientation. The ideal candidate operates autonomously, is highly adaptable, builds trust, and consistently delivers results.
Leading this team of Installation Project Managers requires leadership, coordination, and communication across multiple stakeholders, including:
- Bus owners and operators
- Installation teams (external and internal)
- BusPatrol’s resource planning groups
- School district transportation directors
- Internal Stakeholders
What you will do:
- Direct leadership of a team of Project Installation Field Managers which includes recruiting and staffing, performance management, professional development, and corrective action with.
- Overall responsibility for Installations Portfolio including monitoring portfolio performance, management performance, installation goals based on daily and monthly goals, project deadlines achieved.
- Manages the resource capacity and assignments of Installation Project Field Managers to ensure alignment with the overall prioritized portfolio of project demand managed by the PMO.
- Manages and mitigates risk to ensure projects are properly resourced and able to execute against goals.
- Actively manage 1 large scale installation project (as need or capacity permits)
- Develops and uses dashboard reporting concerning resource capacity/allocation, resource leveling, utilization forecasts, and performance.
- Track and proactively communicate monthly performance metrics across the portfolio
- Manage internal and external stakeholders (schools, directors of transportation, bus operators, school officials, county officials)
- Champions and ensures adherence to the organization’s defined Project Management Process including the Project Management Life Cycle (PMLC) for the respective class of the initiative including formal Stage Gates, project-specific steering committees, and metrics-driven management for all projects/programs within the portfolio of projects resulting in improved timely on-budget project delivery.
- Lead the identification, design, and incorporation of Project Field Management process improvements and work to gain consensus from stakeholders
- Identifies, develops, and deploys continuous improvements of processes, based on metrics and feedback from internal and external project stakeholders; establishes communication plans and roll-out strategies for implementation.
- Work with each individual to identify strengths and weaknesses in knowledge and skills required for effective and successful Project Field Management and create/manage development plans with measurable growth indicators
- Identify training opportunities for knowledge and skills development that directly align with and support the job and performance expectations of the team members.
- Perform root cause analysis when performance metrics indicate a PFM performance issue and define/execute improvement plans
- Mentors, organizational team members on best-practice Installation Project Field Management as per the Service Level Agreement standards to enable professional capability growth in planning, designing, installation, and transitioning to service responsively and cost-effectively.
- Actively call out and remove barriers to ensure project success as needed
What You Bring:
- 10 years of installation and/or field operations experience, to include at least 3 years of installation management experience.
- 3+ years of project management experience leading deployments/implementations across multiple stakeholders and deployments.
- In the field of transportation project management experience (e.g. construction, hardware deployments, oil & gas, bus operator, telecom, security) is a plus
- Use of cloud-based project management tools (e.g.. Confluence, Wrike, Slack, Microsoft Teams, etc.)
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering or manufacturing or related field; or equivalent experience HSD/GED required.
- Advanced project and portfolio management skills, strong written and verbal communication ability, excellent time management, and a customer-first orientation
- Continuous improvement mindset with an ability to identify opportunities, implement solutions, and sustain success; six sigma green or black belt a plus
- PMP certification a plus
- Excellent people leadership and management skills with a relentless focus on developing, maintaining, reporting on, and delivering against a project plan
- Laser focus on direct team member performance management with proven ability to provide leadership, mentorship, constructive feedback, and disciplinary actions to team members.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to convey complex project milestones to stakeholders of various backgrounds.
- Mature, successful collaborator with good judgment, influencing skills, and capable of earning trust across a variety of diverse teams
- Excellent analytical / problem-solving skills.
- Strong presentation skills to varying audience groups and levels
- Sophisticated computer / MS Windows skills, including software applications such as MS Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Smartsheet, etc.
- A solid organizational leader with attention to detail and multitasking capabilities
What We Offer
- An opportunity to help build a company dedicated to children’s safety
- The chance to join an innovative and dedicated team focused on leading-edge technology
- The opportunity to work with, and learn from, a talented Marketing and People team
- Competitive salary and benefits package
Note to applicants: We are looking for a valued member of the BusPatrol team to assist us in our quest to improve children’s safety. This is an important role for us and a great opportunity for the right candidate. Our environment is inclusive, diverse, ignited, built on integrity, and deeply committed. Join our safety mission to help keep children safe!