Location: Allentown PA
Relocation: Relocation packages are available.
Travel: Less than 10% (travel would be to additional processing facilities and to the DC area for meetings with key citations leaders.
Manages others: Yes, 2 direct reports and approximately 45 indirect reports.
Education: Bachelor’s degree required; MBA preferred.
Experience: 3-5 years of analytically driven experience in operations, preferably with call centers, field operations or similar, working with volume and efficiency. 3-5 years of demonstrated leadership experience serving as a trusted advisor and influencer to senior executives, organizational partners, management team and staff.
Who we are:
At BusPatrol, our mission is to create a culture of responsibility and awareness on the road. We are devoted to making the journey to and from school safer. We develop partnerships, deploy Safety Tech, and manage the entire program. We have equipped thousands of buses across North America with our innovative technology.
BusPatrol America cares about student safety. We educate motorists every day by helping to enforce the law and work with school officials to improve safety.
The Director of Business Operations (Citations) leads our Citation Processing Teams. The Citation Operations team is responsible for validating violations captured by BusPatrol’s safety cameras, converting confirmed violations into citations, and supporting each county in the collection of the fine. The successful candidate is accountable for ensuring citation metrics as well as identifying and resolving gaps in our citation process. The successful candidate will also be analytically driven to efficiently drill down on opportunities throughout the revenue funnel.
- Working with the Vice President of Business Operations, establishes, implements, and communicates the strategic direction of the organization’s operations division.
- Establishes, communicates, and implements operations-related policies, practices, standards, and security measures to ensure effective and consistent support and execution.
- Identifies, recommends, and implements new processes, technologies, and systems to improve and streamline organizational processes and use of resources and materials.
- Foster a performance driven/continuous improvement culture throughout citation operations. Institutes and then drives towards key business metrics for revenue management.
- Collaborates with other divisions and departments to carry out the organization’s goals and objectives.
- Develop and implement scalable SOP’s for current and future BusPatrol contact centers.
- Develop/ implement strategic plans and activities to ensure overall operational, financial and growth objectives are met.
- Ensure KPIs (e.g., Citation to Ticket %, dismissed ticket %, evidence validation time, etc) are defined and achieved.
- Maximize BusPatrol’s safety core values by driving citation to ticket conversion rate.
- Optimize layers of review to minimize citation issuance when not appropriate and maximize citation issuance when appropriate.
- Identify citation improvement opportunities to better serve the community and appropriately enforce the law.
- Minimize lost revenue by providing law enforcement evidence packages to defend citation disputes of stop arm violations.
- As needed, serve as the liaison between police departments, schools districts, and finance departments to ensure their operations are aligned with BusPatrol’s contractual obligations, and to ensure their needs are met.
- Collaborate effectively across all functions of the organization, including IT, Field Services, Marketing, Operations, Strategy and Business Intelligence.
- Contribute to a company culture of high performance and sustained profitable growth by promoting and supporting an environment that encourages data-driven decision making, productivity, collaboration, teamwork, and a high level of professionalism.
- Set effective goals/ provide clear line of sight to organizational priorities and monitor progress often.
- Systematically integrate customer feedback into management tactics and strategies to ensure customer centricity.
- Relevant Experience/Education:
- The ideal candidate will have 3-5 years of analytically driven experience in operations, preferably with call centers, field operations or similar, working with volume and efficiency.
- Bachelors degree is required, MBA preferred.
- Experience with clarifying problems and identifying solutions through creation, managing and monitoring of KPI’s. e.g., Citation to Ticket %, dismissed ticket %, evidence validation time, etc. or similar metrics.
- A track record of improving shareholder value by streamlining or creating new systems and dashboards.
- Demonstrated ability to create and execute strategy, resolve complex problems, and the ability to do so working independently with little management guidance.
- Experience leading mid-sized teams (approximately 45 indirect reports).
- Consulting firm experience a plus, however not required.
- Leadership Skills:
- Minimum of 3-5 years of demonstrated leadership experience serving as a trusted advisor and influencer to senior executives, organizational partners, management team and staff.
- Data Oriented:
- Analytically oriented, with the ability to organize/analyze and import/export data in a structured manner.
- Superior analytical and project planning capabilities, and strong execution expertise.
- Experience developing/analyzing key operational & financial metrics to measure success/effectiveness.
- Lean and Continuous Improvement Experience:
- Demonstrated continuous improvement experience, connecting strategy and execution in a develop, deploy, monitor, change loop.
- Cultural Fit:
- Highly structured with the ability to build productive business relationships across departments and leadership levels.
- Strong organizational and priority management skills.
- Strong interpersonal/ communication skills with the ability to work effectively at all levels of the organization.
- Flexibility to react quickly in a dynamic business environment.
- Ability to lead others through change.
We’re looking for a valued partner to add to our team. This is an important role for us, and a great opportunity for the right candidate. Our environment is inclusive, diverse, ignited, built on integrity, and deeply committed. Come and help us keep our children safe.